Friday 15 August 2014

Step outside

I'm sat here looking at this and that, thinking when I'm slimmer I'd wear that, when my hair's longer i'd  style it like that, when my face is more radiant I'd wear more makeup...
It dawned on me that I've been using those phrases for about 10 years! So it made me question why I'm not just wearing what I like and styling myself the way I feel I want to?
I think the answer may be that, as long as I don't stand out I assume no one will notice that I'm wearing boring old clothes that do nothing for me. And not giving myself the time to put on a bit of lippy. Well this is ok but if one of my boring just popping out occasions turns into a last minute properly going out occasion! I then feel terrible, not myself and basically withdraw my whole personality.

I need to step out of this pathetic hiding and be ME! I am slightly alternative inside, I like to rebel against the current fashion and quirky is one of my favourite styles. Where have I gone??

I've been in hiding, hoping the world and life will wait for me to get a grip on who I am. This is nonsense and time waits for no one. TODAY I go through my wardrode and get rid of all this crap that makes me feel like a nobody and start dressing like a somebody...ME! :)

Now bear with me this process may be slightly slower than I'd like it to be. I'm meant to be in fifteen places today and similar tomorrow and so on. But I will start the ball rolling. And today I will wear nice shoes (I have hundreds) and lipstick. This is not a vanity session but a stepping outside of my current comfortable hiding zone and saying hello world, hello strangers, friends, colleagues. This is me at my 'current' best and I'm unique. 

Maybe give it a go...be noticed - you're beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment