Wednesday 8 July 2015

Bed bound...

So the last two days have found me bed bound. An extremely infected insect bite which the nurse assured me wasn't infected a few days ago has taken over my arm. When I say taken over I literally mean it...my right arm is double the size from wrist to shoulder and not looking good at all. I went against said nurses advice of just leave it, it may take a couple of weeks to get better when I thought the pressure from the costricted blood flow may have a negative affect on my health. Thankfully the doctor I saw gave me super strong antibiotics and advised holding it above my heart until it started to reduce the swelling was the first option failing thank hospital for intravenous. Thank you Dr. It is still super sore but is not getting bigger and the pressure has reduced.

Day 2 in bed. I'm not one for rest and I can 'never' nap in the day no matter how hard I try. However am shocked how much I have slept yesterday. All day. And night. I'm stocked up on sleep now and extremely restless today... Luckily I'm left handed and managed to make a cup of tea and some toast as Mr C has gone away on business. My parents are saints and are taking care of the little people for me. One bonus I guess is my pills have to be taken on an empty stomach so maybe I'll shift a few pounds! 

Sadly I had to cancel a newborn shoot today, I'd been really looking forward to meeting baby Poppie. Never mind we will reschedule as soon as my balloon arm goes down! 
I'm also in the middle of sending out wedding contracts - sorry to those waiting, I'll be back at my desk asap! 

Enough of the negatives, I'm going to use today as a thinking day, I have so much in my life to be thankful for and stopping for some time to appreciate that can't be a bad thing.

I hope everyone is having a good week. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment