Thursday 19 June 2014

Football Fever

Football??!

So.....the world cup kicks off, this in my mind is a pretty exciting prospect and i'm a pretty good 'non' footy fan in the sense of having lots of booze in the fridge and open to friends, family or any good human that wants to share this experience with us. I have distant memories of chanting 'Vindaloo, Vindaloo' and grins larger then life....that was 1998 and in my memory and I sure we got pretty close.....however, the reality is that we aren't actually that great and most men I know don't acknowledge this until the last minute. This is generally when they say 'we're crap, we were never going to win anyway. I think this must be a last moment attempt to hold off the tears and reach out to reality. Unfortunately over the whole 2 games i've been on the receiving end of football related moods. Beer wife is now on strike...if anyone cares!
This aside I feel relatively happy as i'm aware it's only football open to at least half of the teams playing to take the cup. Don't get me wrong I understand that England should be my favourite but after a work sweepstake giving me a couple of the underdogs and a personal bet with a friend, i'm more than happy to back Croatia England until the time comes to back someone else on my winners list Croatia. ;)


Moving on from the very important Football I today watched Baby B at school sports day. She is a very good runner and although i've always known this (she can beat baby A and C), it wasn't until today that she actually realised this for herself. I'm so incredibly proud and a little jealous given my stumpy legs and a rubbish running history... :)











No comments:

Post a Comment