Sunday 22 June 2014

Summer fever...

Hello!
I have to say this month has been manic, and I've loved every minute of it. :)
The weather has been glorious which apparently means bedtime is non existent and as long as the sun  is up then the kids think it's play time! I want to be cross and my internal wine clock at 8pm is yelling at me to get a glass and sit down, but all of a sudden this humongous boost of vitamin D we've been longing for is here in abundance (and apparently this means my 7 years old need less sleep than I do).
However I must say I'm getting increasingly irritated by the huge amount of people that are using the old British saying of 'it's far too hot for me'. 
Basically they have two choices. Speak to me be my friend, relative or acquaintance and say things like 'wow, we're so lucky with this weather' or 'I know it's a bit muggy but this beats raining, cold June anyway!'. Either of these conversations are fine. What is not fine is.... 'This is too hot', 'I can't cope with this heat', or 'I just wish it wasn't so muggy'.  
 NO! This kind of conversation is NOT ok. All winter everyone has been moaning about the cold, desperate for some sun. Then the heat wave appears and it's completely slandered. No wonder it sods off so quickly..... 
What's the latest thing? Ask the universe and you'll receive. Yes, this is true. You guys moaning about this amazing freak weather are the ones that are ending it! 
Be grateful. This is all. Although I'm really not that cross.. :) I have a tan and I'm more BBQ'd out than I  care to mention! Sod the rest, I'm loving it! ;) 





No comments:

Post a Comment